Thursday 10 July 2014

Delamere Forest


I only get to see my boyfriend every couple of weeks so when I do, we like to make the most of it. James is a very outdoorsy person so I organised for us to go bike riding at Delamere Forest in Cheshire. We went on a Tuesday afternoon when it was quiet and hired out two mountain bikes for a few hours. Delamere Forest has a lake surrounded by lots of tracks for walking or bikes.


I look so awkward (robot arms) but this is me looking very happy stood on top of a railway bridge.
A very muddy boyfriend.

We took a break (demanded by me) and I took the chance to get some photos of our amazing surroundings. 
We stumbled across these homemade dens. Perhaps they have school trips or team building exercises here?
This area of trees made me feel like I was in Twilight.

We then finally found the lake. I love the reflections it gave.

And then a slightly bigger den made from a fallen tree.
We decided it was the perfect place to stop and have a few snacks (homemade lemon drizzle cake from the cafe).

Despite the "no climbing" signs he couldn't resist.

And we finally found the lake! I'll be honest, it looks a lot nicer in these photo than in real life as the overwhelming sound of geese and the hundreds of tree stumps ruined it a bit. Luckily the reflection of the blue sky made it look nicer in photos than it actually was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top